Governance Forum on Afghanistan (Govern4Afg)
The project “Governance Forum for Afghanistan” (Govern4Afg) has been launched by the German Development Cooperation. It is a platform for dialogue on governance in Afghanistan. However, the important feature in this project is the research and policy papers that underpin this dialogue and continually generate evidence-based and scientific inputs.
The research endeavor is implemented by GIZ, KfW with the full support of the Afghan – German Consortium composed of AREU, GOPA, and JS Consultancy. AREU was chosen as the lead in Afghanistan with its expertise in conducting quality, policy-relevant research with its ongoing communication and advocacy contributing to the development of inclusive and transparent policymaking processes;
The project’s implementation period which runs from 2015-2017 specifically aims to:
- contribute to an enhanced understanding of the governance context in Afghanistan and a more in-depth and systematic development of governance-related topics.
- develop a network of experts and professional expertise on governance and Afghanistan and providing support and advice to Afghan and German decision makers and GDC programs
- analyse and monitor governance trends and related topics, documenting lessons learnt and participating in the scientific discussion.
- advise governance and related sector programs on measures for strengthening synergies and interfaces
- ensure visibility of impacts of the governance sector and synergy projects in other focal areas.
How does the program carry out its verifiable objectives?
These objectives will be achieved via these core processes:
- Governance dialogues: Govern4Afgas an interactive platform for Afghan and German experts, practitioners and decision-makers facilitates multi-stakeholder dialogue on Afghanistan’s governance agenda. Roundtables, thematic working groups, and research/policy paper presentations are organised throughout the year.
- Research and policy analysis:Govern4Afg as a think tank aims at deepening analysis by conducting research and developing 12 policy papers on governance themes. The project will also provide governance related advice and expertise to the ongoing programs of the Afghan – German development cooperation.
- Communication and Knowledge management:Govern4Afgas a communication and awareness-raising a platform that facilitates access to scientific information in the governance sector in Afghanistan and provides visibility to the impact of ongoing initiatives to promote awareness among the public, but also lead to evidence-based decision making.
For further information, kindly visit the link: govern4afg.org