AREU produces approximately 30 original publications per year in English, Dari, and Pashto, based on recent and ongoing research projects. A pool of language and technical editors, peer-reviewers, translators, and designers work for these publications to ensure standard quality.
Printed versions are produced and distributed free-of-charge to offices throughout Afghanistan, such as government and non-governmental organizations, UN agencies, donors, academia & universities, national and international media. A publication room is also maintained at the AREU office in Kabul, from which hard copies of most papers can be obtained free of charge.
For queries, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org — you may sign-up for online subscription and notification of AREU’s publication.
AREU publications are available online usually in the form of the print-ready layout, compressed for file size.
Our publications come in a variety of formats, which are listed below:
- Issues Papers provide an in-depth analysis of a particular issue.
- Synthesis Papers draw together the findings and recommendations of AREU’s long-term research projects.
- Briefing Papers are designed to engage a broad audience and to shape and inform policy debate.
- Discussion Papers are aimed at disseminating ideas on a timely topic to provoke discussion.
- Policy Notes are four-page documents that focus on policy recommendations.
- Briefs are shorter papers for topical or time-sensitive issues.
- Case Studies focus on specific geographic issues or programming areas.
- Supplementary resources such as Watching Brief, conference proceedings, annotated bibliographies, method notes and literature reviews.